Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Earliest Memories

It was really late, or so I thought, and I was lying in bed. I lived where you could smell freshly cut hay on a daily basis, chickens running in the yard and kids riding bikes down the dirt road. That night I couldn't hear anything just the sound of my breath and my little feet rustling under my blanket. I lived in a small two bedroom, one bath house that was white. It was so small that you could always hear every one's conversations. I go on laying there loving this peacefulness! Then it happened......I heard this terrible burst of screaming and crying. It wasn't my mother so it had to be HER....my new baby sister. I understand that I wanted someone to play with, but I didn't know what I was asking for. I loved to sleep and lay in the tranquility of my room, but SHE was interfering. I just didn't understand how a ten pound, brown haired, blue eyed baby could make so much noise......and this was the night that I asked my parents if we could take my new sister back to the hospital because I wanted to SLEEP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment